Committee Member - Secretary (RB)
We are currently looking to recruit a secretary to join our close-knit committee team. We are looking for volunteers who will be willing to help out, at times, with other tasks that need doing to make sure that our scheme is successful.
The role involves;
- Organising and attending the AGM.
- Arranging and managing the monthly committee and Zoom meetings. This involves ensuring rooms are booked in advance, booking and sending out Zoom invites, drawing up agendas and circulating them by email to other committee members.
- Taking minutes at committee meetings, agreeing these with the Chairman and circulating them by email to other committee members.
- If and when required, organising and minuting sub-committee meetings.
- Maintaining a list of contact details for the management committee.
Please note - During Covid-19 crises, RGN will be following government’s guidance in relation to its service.
What skills do I need?
- Well organised.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Have access to a computer; preferably at home.
- Good IT skills e.g. Microsoft Office.
Redhill Good Neighbours (RB)
- Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic (BAME)
- Emergency Response
- Families and Parenting
- Health and Hospices
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Employee Volunteering
- Trusteeship, Committee Work
Our meeting venues are usually accessible, but due to Covid-19, this role is home based.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 17/07/2020
End Date: 30/04/2021
Please note all our roles are flexible and home based. We usually meet once a month in Redhill but due to Covid-19, we now have occasional Zoom meetings instead.
Spelthorne Rentstart (SP)
Spelthorne Archaeology & Local History Group (SP)
Runnymede Access Liaison Group (RALG)
Epsom and St Helier Hospitals Charity (CSVA)
The Orpheus Centre (TD)