We are looking for stewards to volunteer for 2 hours a week. You will be fully trained, and will always be volunteering alongside another volunteer. Tasks will include covering the reception desk and greeting visitors, showing new visitors around the Centre, and introducing our activities and membership options.
We also welcome applicants with any specific skills. We will look for ways to use your skills to help the Centre. For instance, by:
- Helping our volunteer maintenance team to carry out essential routine maintenance in the Centre
- Arranging one-off events such as musical evenings, quiz nights and art shows
- Assisting our Executive Committee roles (Chair, Treasurer and Secretary): this would involve working alongside someone on an ad hoc basis, at dates and times convenient to the volunteer and committee member
What skills do I need?
Enthusiasm, warm personality and reliability. The majority of our Centre is on one level so the opportunity would be suitable for a disabled person. There is disabled parking on site.
Addlestone Community Association (VSNS)
- Arts, Heritage and Culture
- Fitness and Sport
- Older People
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- DIY & Odd Jobs
- One Off Activity / Events
- Age restrictions
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Mole Valley District Council (CSVA)
Surrey Drug & Alcohol Care (VSNS)
The Dolphins (VSNS)
Fordbridge Day Centre (SP)
Life Housing (RM)