Surrey Clubs for Young People Trustee
Why volunteer with SCYP?
Your community benefits from your skills and passion and becomes a better place for everyone.
You can help make a real and often life-changing difference to the lives of young people
An opportunity to work, learn and have fun alongside others who are passionate about youth work
Develop your own skills and personal development through training and learning
Be part of something amazing and feel a sense of achievement
General role responsibilities
• Attend trustee meetings and the AGM
• Read appropriate papers and documents prior to trustee meetings (being prepared)
• Act in the club’s best interest at all times (especially in decision making at meetings)
• Ensure the minutes of meetings are a true reflection of discussion and decisions
• Ensure you keep up to date with SCYP strategic direction and its activities so that you
can make informed decisions
• Keep up to date and informed about youth provision and the challenges that young people face at a local and national level
What skills do I need?
Qualities that make a successful Trustee:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Common sense approach
- ‘Can do’ approach
- Good communicator and listener
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic about supporting young
- people to reach their full potential
- A proactive ambassador for the SCYP and its members
- Business background
- Managerial background
Surrey Clubs for Young People (RB)
- Young People
- Trusteeship, Committee Work
Clubs have various accessability but most are fully accessable. Trustee meetings are held in accessable locations or virtually.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Resonable travel and admin expenses
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
In house training given and further trustee training available as needed.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/01/2021
End Date: 14/01/2022
Our trustees meet approximetey 8-12 times a year in formal and informal meetings. Trustees will also take on smaller projects that will take up varying amounts of time.
Office 6 & 7, 1st Floor
The Limes Bistro
8-10 The Street
Cobham District Guiding (CSVA)
Sparklers Charity (SH)
Home Start Epsom, Ewell & Banstead (CSVA)
Age UK Surrey (VSNS)
The Soper Hall Community Centre Ltd (TD)