We’re a vibrant, local charity that helps vulnerable children, young people and adults to belong, contribute and thrive. Our wide range of projects and activities aim to help create happy, healthy and connected communities in East Surrey.
Volunteering with YMCA East Surrey is a great way to share and learn new skills, as well as build new friendships.
For all team volunteering we are happy to provide break out rooms/ training rooms that can form part of the day. Refreshment such as Tea and Coffee. We would ask that any partner provides suitable lunch for their staff team.
What skills do I need?
You do not require any specific skills or qualifications but below are some examples of the placements we have offered.:-
- Gardening and allotment project. We are fortunate to have 4 allotment plots which we use for adults with disabilities to learn vital skills as well as encourage to be physically active. As you can imagine having 4 allotments requires a lot of maintenance so we would welcome help to ensure that the allotment remains accessible.
- Lifeskills and skills training for adults with disabilities or our housing projects. This can involve employability training, money management, CV writing etc.
- Work on sites. This can include but not limited too, painting, clearing , redecorating and landscaping.
YMCA East Surrey
- Young People
- Employee Volunteering
- One Off Activity / Events
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 15/11/2021
End Date: 21/12/2022
Teams can offer assistance from 2 hours to a whole day. This post would be suitable for teams of 5 - 15 people.
Camberley Alzheimers Cafe (VSNS)
White Lodge (RM)
Crohn's and Colitis UK
My Time for Young Carers (CSVA)
Surrey Libraries (CSVA)