Transport Volunteer Driver and / or Chaperone
We are looking for volunteers to transport victims of Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking to a place of safety. You may be the first person to show care and empathy to the victim on their journey to recovery.
The chaperone would accompany the driver. Journeys can be anywhere in England & Wales and will be split with other volunteers if over a certain distance or time period.
The role will involve:
- Undertake transport journeys for victims as arranged by the Transport Team
- Reply to notifications via smartphone app or text message to advise if you are available
- Complete and submit relevant paperwork
- Ensure that the vehicle used is clean, roadworthy and legal
- Share any concerns about the victim with the transport team or relevant agencies whilst adhering to GDPR.
What skills do I need?
Skills / Experience needed:
- In sympathy with the general aims & values of The Salvation Army
- Sensitive interpersonal & communication skills
- Commitment to safeguarding and a willingness to raise concerns where appropriate
- Understand the importance of confidentiality & be able to keep confidences
- Full driving license and access to a car (maximum 6 points on licence allowed)
- Good organisational skills
- We welcome applications from Husband & Wife / Families or teams of volunteers as all our volunteers travel in a pair.
The Salvation Army Anti-Trafficking & Modern Slavery Department
- Domestic Abuse, Rape and Sexual Abuse
- Emergency Response
- Social Justice
- Community Support
- No specific activites
- Age restrictions
18 and over
- DBS check required
Enhanced Adult & Child
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/12/2023
End Date: 31/12/2024
Prison Advice and Care Trust (PACT)
East Surrey Twins Club
SAAVS - Surrey Appropriate Adult Volunteer Service (CSVA)
Claygate Youth and Community Hub (CSVA)
Young People with Dementia (VSNS)