- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Meet the requirements to be a Trustee as
set out by the Charities Commission and adhere to the code of conduct:
- Over 18 years of age
- Not disqualified under the rules of the Charities Act (i.e. an unspent conviction; disqualified as a company Director; declared bankrupt or undergoing bankruptcy procedures
- In possession of, or able to acquire clearance by Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Read and adhere to the WSS Constitution, Policies and Procedures
- Liaise with relevant self- employed staff, board members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow board members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly oversee the reporting of the financial position at board meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that
effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
- Cheque signatories
- Purchasing limits
- Purchasing systems
- Petty cash/ float
- Expenses and travel
- Invoices and payment for self-employed staff
- Others as appropriate
- Appraise the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Attend and contribute to Trustee Board Meetings (four times per year).
- Supporting on appointing and liaising
with auditors/an independent examiner.
- Make the necessary arrangements to collect payments from debtors and bank payments promptly.
What skills do I need?
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
Work Stress Solutions (CSVA)
- Employment, Education and Training
- Homeless and Housing
- Mental Health
- Advice and Information
- Teaching, Training and Coaching
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
173A Kingston road
Caterham and District Scouts
The Orpheus Centre
North West Surrey Integrated Care - NICS (VSNS)
HeBrews Coffee (RM)
Hearing Dogs for Deaf People (VSNS)