Trustee/ Treasurer - Merstham Community Facility Trust (RB)
Merstham Community Facility Trust is a small but growing charity based in a newly-built Community Hub in Merstham. Our Charitable Objectives are as follows:
• both independently and through engaging with others, to promote, facilitate and provide services and opportunities for the benefit of the inhabitants of Merstham and Surrey (the “local community”), by working with the local community and other organisations in a common effort to improve social welfare; health; education, employment and the general quality of life of members of the local community;
• to maintain the community centre currently known as the Merstham Community Hub (the “Merstham Hub”) and to maintain, manage and develop the facilities available at the Merstham Hub, whether alone or in cooperation with any local authority or other person or body, in furtherance of these Objects; and
• to promote the charity’s approaches to governance, implementation and otherwise, and to facilitate the development of similar initiatives in the local community and in other areas.
What skills do I need?
Ideally, we are seeking someone who:
• has an interest in supporting the charity to deliver the objectives of MCFT, through supporting the residents of Merstham to improve their quality of life as individuals, partners, families and community
• in addition to fulfilling the requirements of our Trustee Role Description you should also be willing to serve as Treasurer for the charity
• be able to maintain an overview of the charity’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained
• have experience in accountancy or book keeping
• be familiar with financial governance and regulation for charities
• be able to prepare financial reports, budgets and management accounts
• have the ability to support your fellow Trustees in interpreting and understanding financial reports, budgets and management accounts
• be willing and able to work cooperatively with our Accountants in the preparation of our Annual Accounts and other formal reporting requirements.
The trustees usually meet once a month, in the evening. If an applicant has a strong interest in our work, and is able to act as our Treasurer, but is unable to commit to monthly meetings at the Hub, then we would consider appointing them as an Associate Trustee.
If you are interested then a role description and application form can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call in and collect them. Additionally, there is opportunity for informal discussion if you wish. The interview will be held with at least two existing trustees and arranged in accordance with any existing restrictions at the time.
Merstham Community Facilities Trust (MCFT) (RB)
- Employment, Education and Training
- Older People
- Young People
- Trusteeship, Committee Work
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/01/2021
End Date: 31/12/2022
Time commitment: 12 board meetings and support at other ad hoc times.
2a Portland Drive
Crossroads Care Surrey (CSVA)
Camberley Care (SH)
Princess Alice Hospice (CSVA)
The Victoria Almshouses (RB)
The Woodhouse Centre