Trustee Treasurer (TD)
Trustee Treasurer (TD)
The Westway is seeking a Trustee Treasurer who will oversee the financial management of the charity and advise on strategic matters.
What will you be doing?
- Monitoring the financial standing of the charity and report to the Board on cash flow forecasting and the strategic management of the organisation's financial resources;
- Overseeing the charity's financial risk management and report on financial health to the Board at regular intervals;
- Acting as a signatory on the bank mandate;
- Liaising with external auditors on financial issues and ensure that the organisation's finances are responsibly managed and invested;
- Ensuring a high standard of management accounting and production of management reports is responsibly managed and invested;
- Liaising with external auditors on specific issues in the auditing process and related Board representations and ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion;
- Guiding and advising fellow Trustees to approve the annual report and audited accounts; and Keep the reserves policy under review to ensure that it is appropriate and advise on developments to cope with changing circumstances.
- Leading on the Board's duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent, in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements;
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity's strategic plans and oversee the financial risk management
- Keeping the Reserves Policy under review to ensure that it is appropriate and advise on development to cope with changing circumstances.
What skills do I need?
What are we looking for?
A desire to support a vibrant community hub by leading on the management of the financial processes;.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management, preferably with an accountancy qualification.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to Trustees and other stakeholders
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity finance practices
- Board or Trustee experience.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and management
The Westway Centre (TD)
- Older People
- Trusteeship, Committee Work
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 05/03/2020
End Date: 04/03/2021
Board meetings, currently once a month, early evening - 6.30 to 7.45pm. When there is a board meeting the time required that week could be up to 5 hours, other weeks it could be up to 3 hours per week
Chertsey Good Neighbours (RM)
Elmbridge Mencap (CSVA)
Link Porter Trust (TD)
Age UK Surrey (VSNS)
Cognus Governor Services (CSVA)