Tuck Shop Volunteer - Thursday/Friday Lunchtime
The Orpheus Centre aims to promote personal development through the performing arts.
Their core values are quality, inclusion and innovation. These core values are the foundations for all their work and are what the organisation stands for.
Main duties for the tuck shop role include:
- To collect and arrange stock in tuck shop area
- To oversee student on duty (organised by rota)
- To enable the student to interact with customers and sell stock
- To notify staff member of any stock required
- To return stock to cupboard at 13.30pm with student
What skills do I need?
Maths - it would be helpful if you were good with figures and handling money.
The Orpheus Centre
- Arts, Heritage and Culture
- Young People
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
This volunteer role is classed as having a high degree of contact with vulnerable adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. It is therefore subject to an Enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure Barring Service.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
Member of staff will shadow on first volunteering session.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/09/2021
End Date: 21/09/2022
12.15 - 13.45 Thursday or Friday lunchtime
North Park Lane
The Literary Institute
The Therapy Garden (SH)
Hearing Dogs for Deaf People (VSNS)