Van Crew (RB)
To work closely with the Van Driver and the Warehouse Manager.
You will need to be fit and in good health and able to lift and carry heavy and sometimes awkward objects.
Contribute to the daily delivery and collection of furniture.
You could be involved in the following tasks:
- Travel on the van assisting in collecting and delivery of furniture.
- As dealing directly with the public you must be polite and courteous at all times.
- Follow all instructions from the van driver.
- To assist with loading and unloading the van.
- Assist in ensuring appropriate paperwork is completed accurately.Assist in ensuring any monies donated are safely stored and accounted for.
- Ensure that all furniture, household goods and appliances received into the warehouse are displayed attractively.
You will be provided with the following which will be left on site:
- Furnistore fleece/t-shirt
- Steel capped boots and gloves.
- Long johns if required.
What skills do I need?
- Volunteers must be aged over 18.
- Good communication skills, fit and in good health, able to carry heavy, and sometimes awkward objects.
- You will also need to be reliable and punctual.
- Furnistore is based in Redhill, Surrey, but you will be part of a team travelling between Reigate, Horley, Redhill etc.
- Travel expenses are paid.
Only downstairs in warehouse, but will need to be fit and healthy for this role as you will be carrying and loading heavy objects.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
petrol, refreshments, bus/train. and lunch provided.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
Someone on call, team meetings, physically on hand and supervision.
- Training provided
Full training for each position is given in full and always ongoing.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 13/10/2015
End Date: 30/06/2020
Any day of the week. 10am - 4pm (usually done by 2pm)
34 Holmethorpe Avenue
Holmethorpe Industrial Estate
Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre (TD)
Hospice in the Weald Shop (TD)
Salvation Army Addlestone (RM)
Downlands Partnership (RB)