Volunteer Christmas Tree Collector
We are looking for volunteer drivers and assistants to support us with our Christmas Tree Collection on 6th January 2024.
This is a physical role where, in pairs, volunteers will visit residential properties to collect trees from our supporters, pruning them to enable easier loading them onto a van, and offloading them at drop-off locations for recycling. This role helps us to raise vital funds for our charity.
We will have both half day and full day shifts available. We do need you to make sure you have appropriate clothing and accessories to protect yourself from any harsh weather conditions and the pines needles of the trees.
We have a number of hospice vans however, if you have your own van that you are happy to use please do let us know
What skills do I need?
• Minimum age 21 and held a full driving licence for at least with at least two years.
• A full driving licence – we will need to conduct a licence check with DVLA*
o If using your own vehicle we also require a copy of your insurance and current MOT. We recommend you check with your insurer prior to applying.
• Good communication skills, being sociable, cheerful and courteous in all you do
• A caring approach while being able to demonstrate strong emotional resilience
• Good level of fitness and mobility - manual handling will be a core part of the role
• Someone who enjoys being part of a team
• You must read our Driving Policy
*you must disclose any driving related endorsements or prosecutions, including pending prosecutions for road traffic offences that you obtain or if you are disqualified.
St Catherine's Hospice
- Health and Hospices
- One Off Activity / Events
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/01/2024
End Date: 07/01/2024
Saturday 6th January 2024 Morning / Afternoon Shift
This opportunity has no specific location.
Dorking Good Neighbours (CSVA)
Cancer Research Shops (VSNS)
Sensory Services by Sight for Surrey
Surrey Young Farmers (CSVA)