ESOL Support Tutor (CSVA)
We are looking for committed, talented and highly experienced tutors, with an empathetic nature, to help low skilled residents living in the Epsom and Ewell Borough Council area to develop their skills and confidence to achieve qualifications and accomplish employment opportunities.
With responsibility for supporting ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Language) courses to disadvantaged adults living within Epsom and Ewell, this role involves providing tutor and mentor support to Epsom and Ewell skill hub participants to enable them to develop into further education and online courses.
Tutor Support is required in person and remotely over the phone using platforms such as Zoom or Teams.
What skills do I need?
Essential Skills Required
- Relevant teaching and/or training qualification, i.e. Level 3 Award in Education & Training (PTLLS, Cert Ed, PGCE, CTLLS, DTLLS) or equivalent
- Level 2 qualification in Mathematics, English and ICT
- Experience of delivering ESOL support and training from pre-entry up to and including Level 2
- Ability to embrace and develop practical and innovative delivery models for ESOL outside of classroom delivery models
- Good ICT skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic team worker
Desirable Skills Required
Experience of working in a community setting
Surrey Lifelong Learning Partnership (CSVA)
- Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic (BAME)
- Employment, Education and Training
- Administration and Office
- IT and Websites
- Teaching, Training and Coaching
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 13/01/2022
End Date: 13/01/2023
ESOL tutor support is currently required at our appointment only, on-site classroom or remote sessions which take place on Thursday’s by agreement. The Epsom & Ewell Hub, based at the Ashley Centre in Epsom, supports participants over the phone and online with courses they are undertaking with further education and online colleges. Our hub participants need motivational support as well as tutor support to enable them to develop into areas such as functional skills, digital and vocational training. We would welcome Volunteer tutors who could be flexible in contacting participants at least fortnightly, finding times that would suit self and participants, in helping participants resolve any problem areas they are facing in the course they have undertaken to complete. Basic administrative information is also required tracking student progress on an Excel database. Ideally a prospective volunteer could commit to at least 2 hours a week.
The Ashley Centre Unit 40 (Opposite Boots)
Crossroads Care Surrey (CSVA)
Just Bring Yourself CIC (CSVA)
Mid Surrey Community Fridges (CSVA)
Leatherhead Swans Club (CSVA)
1st Weston Green Scout Group