Volunteer Networker (TD)
Who are we?
The Brigitte Trust is a Surrey based charity which has, for over thirty years, been offering emotional and practical support to those who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness and their families. We provide volunteers who visit our clients on a weekly basis to be alongside them as they manage their illness. We pride ourselves in our professionalism and dedication to all those we work with and rely on committed and passionate volunteers to provide this service.
The Volunteer Networker will assist staff in promoting the work of the Brigitte Trust to healthcare professionals and all potential referral sources across Surrey.
The volunteer will work in an agreed area of Surrey local to them.
1. To front an information stand at local events that help promote the work of the Trust
2. To give talks at local events or to local groups on the work of the Trust
3. To report back on the events
Length of appointment
The role will run for a period of 12 months after which it may be extended with the agreement of both the volunteer and the Service Coordinator.
What will you get in return?
• Full training on the work of the Brigitte Trust and on how to carry out the role
• Extensive support and supervision
• Making a difference to those diagnosed with a terminal illness and their families
• Meeting people and working as part of an enthusiastic team
• Confidence building
• Developing communication skills
• Social interaction
• Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses as outlined in our volunteer policy
What skills do I need?
Who are we looking for?
• A friendly approach with good presentation and public speaking skills
• Good communication skills
• Good knowledge of the work of the Trust
• Ideally able to commit for a year initially
• A flexible approach to attending events
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Full driving license and use of a car
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 03/01/2019
End Date: 31/12/2020
Flexible - as required
The Brigitte Trust (CSVA)
Princess Alice Hospice (CSVA)
Surrey Fire Volunteer Service (RB)
Brooklands Museum (CSVA)
Family Action (TD)