Walk for Health Walk Assistant (CSVA)
In this rewarding role, you'll help others get active and feel happier through regular walks in the beautiful outdoors.
You'll assist with walks (including back marking), helping to make them welcoming, friendly, enjoyable and safe. You'll contribute your own ideas and meet new people.
What skills do I need?
We are looking for someone who is:
- Enthusiastic about walking
- Friendly, welcoming and empowering with good communication skills
- Observant and sensitive to the needs of others
- Knowledgeable about the basics of the benefits of walking and physical activity
- Reliable, punctual, honest and well-organised
- Able to work independently but with guidance and support
- Confident at speaking in front of small groups
- Able to take control and be assertive when needed
- Ability to be part of a team, along with other volunteers (i.e. the walk assistant).
Mole Valley District Council (CSVA)
- Fitness and Sport
- Older People
- Young People
- Befriending & Buddying
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/03/2018
End Date: 14/10/2019
Depends on the location of the walk - within the Mole Valley area. The location will be accessible by public transport, with car parking facilities.
Cobham Community Garden CIC (CSVA)
The Woodhouse Centre (TD)
Elmbridge Community Link (CSVA)
Elmbridge Borough Council (CSVA)
Sunnybank Trust (CSVA)