RideLondon – this weekend!
- Suitable for: Cyclists - beginners to advanced
- Where: Surrey Hills
- Time: 15 and 16 August 2020
- Who benefits: A charity of your choice
While Prudential RideLondon can’t go ahead as planned this year, the event organisers are planning a virtual event over the festival weekend of 15 and 16 August: My Prudential RideLondon.
Its aim is to inspire and engage the UK population to get on their bikes, scooters, skateboards, trikes, tandems – to raise much-needed funds for their favorite charities. (The Prudential RideLondon was just one of the mass participation events that has been cancelled this year. The event was a major fundraiser for national and local charities – last year riders raised £11.5 million.)
To be a part of My Prudential RideLondon – just follow these four simple steps:
- Register: visit myridelondon.co.uk and select your challenge. There are three cycling distances to choose from, or you can invent your own My FreeCycle wheeled challenge over 1km.
- Select a charity: Please consider local charities where your donation would make a huge difference. If you are not sure which charity to support then why not raise funds for the Reigate & Banstead Community Fund which distributes funding to local charities and voluntary organisations.
- Fundraise: you can create your fundraising page with Virgin Money Giving when you register. Once it’s set up, share it with everyone you know to tell them about your challenge so they can sponsor you. If you have already set up a fundraising page with Virgin Money Giving, this page will update to My Prudential RideLondon so you can continue to use this to raise funds for your chosen charity.
- Participate: set your wheels in motion and complete your challenge anywhere, at any time, over the weekend of 15 and 16 of August!
- Nominate: encourage your family and friends to take part and help save the UK’s charities.
You’ll find more information, ideas and inspiration, as well as advice on staying safe and cycling responsibly on the road, at myridelondon.co.uk.
We hope you’ll be part of the world’s biggest festival of cycling and help support local charities.