Recruiting and Managing Volunteers
Gain an understanding of the principles and good practice involved in recruiting and managing volunteers, with this free course from WEA.
This course aims to help voluntary groups be more sustainable, by having a volunteer team with the right people and skills.
The course is run over two sessions, with each session lasting two hours
- Thursday 22 April 2021 – 10am – 12 noon
- Thursday 29 April 2021 – 10am – 12 noon
The first session, recruiting volunteers, looks at techniques for promoting volunteer opportunities and recruiting suitable individuals.
The second session deals with the management of volunteers, how to make volunteers feel part of the organisation and reduce turnover.
By the end of the course I should be able to understand:
- basic principles and good practice for volunteering
- volunteer recruitment process
- key principles of volunteer management
- techniques to achieve volunteer retention
This course is delivered by WEA. It is funded by East Surrey College and is only for residents living in East Surrey in the boroughs of Reigate & Banstead, Epsom & Ewell, Tandridge & Mole Valley.