This workshop, led by a qualified safeguarding trainer, will give you the safeguarding basics required for your staff and volunteers to work in a setting where they come into contact with children and/or adults at risk. It is also ideal for trustees and leaders within organisations who are beginning to look at whether their policies and procedures are up to date and effective.
By the end of the training you will:
– Be aware of key guidance relating to safeguarding children and adults at risk.
– Know what individuals need to do if they have a concern about the safety and welfare of a child or adult at risk.
– Understand what abuse is, categories of abuse and the impact of abuse/neglect.
– Understand what multi-agency working means.
– Know what individuals need to do if a disclosure is made.
– Appreciate the importance of information sharing.
– Understand the expectations of charities and voluntary groups with regards to safeguarding
This training is delivered online by Surrey Community Action. There is a charge of £5 per participant.