Saying Thank you to Volunteers
At Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead we think all volunteers are fantastic. We are always on the lookout for different ways to recognise the contribution made by volunteers and to say thank you.
So we were very pleased to come across this recommendation.
Room to Reward is a charity that links the hotel industry with voluntary and community organisations. In brief:
- Community organisations nominate volunteers that deserve recognition
- Hotels donate unsold rooms and offer the volunteers a free hotel break
There are no charges involved.
Room to Reward comes highly recommended by another Volunteer Centre:
“I have been engaged with them for about 3-4 years they are wonderful and there are no catches at all. Our volunteers who have been rewarded have had the most fabulous time and were treated exceptionally well.
I cannot speak highly enough of Room to Reward.”
- To nominate a volunteer, the organisation must first register to become a “partner” with Room to Reward and then they will receive log in details to make a nomination.
- In general, it is expected that the volunteer will have been volunteering for at least a year, although there is some flexibility.
- Once a nomination has been approved, the organisation is sent a certificate to present to the volunteer and a link for them to book their stay.
- All breaks are offered on a 1-2 nights bed and breakfast basis.
- Volunteers will have up to 12 months from receiving their certificate to book their hotel break.