Suicide Prevention Training by SafeTALK
Reigate and Banstead Older People’s Service Providers have identified an increase in talk of suicide amongst older people. In response, the Borough Council is delivering the following SafeTALK face-to-face suicide prevention training.
• How to identify people thinking of suicide
• Overcoming barriers in talking about suicide
• Identifying reasons we may miss, dismiss or avoid suicide
• Practice using the 4-step model of suicide alertness
• How to connect people at risk of suicide with further appropriate help
Delivered by: Nanu Chumber Stanley, Public Health Surrey, Development Worker with specific responsibility for suicide prevention.
This course is free of charge to staff and volunteers working for organisations delivering
front line support to residents of Reigate & Banstead
SafeTALK is suitable for volunteers, volunteer coordinators and front-line workers.
When and Where?
The session will last for 3.5 hours on the below date.
Date: 9 July 2022
Venue: Age Concern Merstham, Redhill & Reigate, Weldon Way, Redhill, RH1 3
How to register
To register your interest in attending the course please email: email@example.com
Joining instructions and confirmation of a place on the course will be sent out in advance of each session.