Trustee Information Events
Charities across Surrey are looking to recruit new trustees. They are seeking diverse people, of all ages and backgrounds, with a range of skills and experience.
Did you know?
* There are 100,000 vacancies for charity trustees in the UK
* Trusteeship is open to all ages, backgrounds and skill sets
* The level of time commitment is modest (30 hours a year)
* Most people don’t know what a trustee is or that trusteeship is open to them
* 96% of trustees said they had learned new skills and 84% said being a trustee made them happier.
Trustee roles are voluntary, board level roles. They offer a practical and fulfilling professional development experience for people. Being a trustee is also a great way to use your skills to make a big impact for a cause or community that is close to your heart.
VARB is working with “Getting On Board”, a specialist trustee recruitment charity, to run two interactive webinars. The events are for anyone who wants to find out a bit more about becoming a trustee, either now or in the future.
Both events will cover the basics of trusteeship and tackle common misconceptions around time commitment, liability, who can be a trustee and the charity sector.
These events are free of charge, thanks to funding from Surrey County Council and Community Foundation for Surrey.